18.5.09

some time ago..




The sun shined like a bare-burning flame. 
I sometimes had to squint my eyes so i could see. 
causing everything around me to fog over. 
But still. I had a feeling of complete clarity. 
so i guess anything short of complete didn't really enter my concern.
Almost as i was walking on air, I stepped into your line of vision. 
Walking over to you on your spot on the sand, opening my heart.
A door that I'd hoped would open only for you.
You would dance on clouds, tiptoeing around my delicate heart. 
I would sit still. 
Allowing you to get comfortable in a corner of my life. 
As i had dreamed you fit perfectly. 
Filling my mind with a constant reassurance
that the sun would never set on us. 
like any flame deprived of oxygen, it disappeared. 
and unlike i would have thought, i couldn't see you anymore.
Sitting on the sand, silently watching the waves break. 
The door closed so quietly it amounted to nothing but a snap of air. 
That was the strangeness of it. 
How a small sound like that could shatter my world.


No comments:

Post a Comment